No one wants a smile with a gap. Dentists from Healthy Smile Dentistry of your family dentist Tulsa and Claremore OK offices provide patients with several treatment options, but the best is dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants consist of a titanium post that is surgically inserted into your jaws to replace your missing tooth root. It creates stability, strength, and prevents the weakening and shrinkage of your jawbone. The family dentist Tulsa specialist then seals your gums and allows 3-to-6 months for osseointegration to occur. This is when the titanium post fuses to the jawbone to reinforce itself. Finally, patients come back to their dentist's office in Tulsa or Claremore OK so that they can re-open the area above the titanium post, insert a screw, place an abutment above the screw, and secure a crown that matches the rest of your teeth.
Advantages of dental implants
- Implants can replace one tooth, a few teeth, or all of your teeth.
- They restore bite and chewing function.
- Dental implants are comfortable because they are fixed and don't fall out of place.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime.
Taking care of your dental implants
- Visiting your family dentist Tulsa offices for a biannual dental appointment is important to maintain your oral health.
- Avoid hard candies, sugary food, and fruit juices.
- Opt for fruits and vegetables to avoid cavities.
- Stop smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Your dentist can teach you how to properly brush your teeth and floss.
- Get professional dental cleanings for a proper deep cleaning that can eliminate plaque, prevent tartar buildup, and avoid gum disease that may result in tooth loss.
- Use fluoride-containing products to protect teeth from gum disease that may cause tooth loss.
What are the negative effects of tooth loss?
Tooth loss creates larger gaps between teeth which makes it easier for food to get trapped. It also causes a loss in jawbone density, bone deterioration, and facial sinkage, which makes people look older.
Need a consultation?
If you're interested in learning more about dental implants, then contact the dentists at Healthy Smile Dentistry of Tulsa and Claremore, OK, by calling (918) 749-0303 or (918) 343-4300 today!